(Only effective when player is registered officially with our Club and League).
Injuries that have potential for claim should be notified to Club Secretary (TJ) within 3 days of the injury. Late notifications to Insurers can invalidate a claim.
5/7/9 a-side & 11-a-side TEAMS
- Death – €10,000
- Permanent Total Disablement – €80,000
- Dental Cover up to €500 per year – Must attend Dentist within 48 hrs of injury
- Policy Excess – €175 or 10% of the expenses occurred (whichever is greater)
- Medical Expenses (irrecoverable from other sources, e.g. VHI) for 12 month period after 1st treatment – €10,000
ADULT PLAYERS GOLD COVER
This is paid for by player himself to the LSL who advise on terms and premiums etc. Speak to Senior team manager Jimmy Kelly if you need advice.
WHAT TO DO IF INJURY IS SUSTAINED :
- Submit a report of incident (State the Team, League, date, where, opposition, how, any treatment thus far) to Club Secretary (Designated Person) promptly after the injury occurring. If unsure about whether claim will be made, make the report anyway in case situation later requires a claim. DEADLINE for Designated Person making report to Insurance Brokers is within 30 days.
- Medical expenses mean ‘irrecoverable expenses’, i.e. not otherwise claimable from for example health insurance (VHI etc).
- Note Excess of €175 on total medical expenses or 10% of total whichever is greater.
- Physio expenses payable up to €250 per year per player, but injured person MUST BE referred by doctor before physio treatment begins.
- Emergency dental treatment up to a limit of €500 requires attendance at dentist within 48 hours of injury.
- Temporary Total Disablement only applies to people in full time employment and is payable for up to 26 weeks after the 2 week excess period.