Castleknock Celtic FC is now recruiting for a Director of Football. This is a paid part-time role, responsible for developing and implementing a club-wide program for success, while also ensuring a strong community spirit is maintained. Reporting to the club’s Football Committee, the role will involve working with the club’s existing coaching staff to further improve our training methods and programmes.
Castleknock Celtic FC is one of the largest football clubs in Ireland, with currently over 800 playing members. We are a community club that strives to facilitate the ever-growing demand in the area for children who want to play football. Our members include our Academy (ages 4-7), our 47 boys and girls league teams (DDSL, MGL), our senior teams and members of our Football for All program.
The club has recently partnered with Bohemian FC, a move that will provide both progression pathways for our elite players, as well as coaching and development opportunities for all members. Our membership is still growing, and we strive to create an environment where players can follow our club motto to “Be the best you can be”.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement a high-quality coaching program for our competitive and social teams.
- Oversee and manage coach education
- Attend home games to provide match day support for coaches and monitor the progress of players.
- Organise and deliver training programs to develop player technical skills and fitness.
- Development and implementation of a “Style of Play” coaching philosophy for coaches to implement at all levels and abilities.
- Provide support for coaches undertaking coaching certificates and licences.
- UEFA B Coaching Licence.
- Current Garda Vetting Certificate.
- Current FAI Safeguarding Certificate.
- Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound understanding of FAI Player Development Plan and grassroots football.
If you are someone who relishes a challenge and shares our vision, we invite you to apply by email to:
Closing Date: 30/4/2023